I’m pleased to introduce a new Spring extension called Spring ActionScript. This extension, formerly known as the Prana Framework, is aimed at bringing Inversion of Control to ActionScript along with several other interesting utilities.
The extension is written in ActionScript 3 and is targeted at Flex, AIR and Flash developers. The IoC container and its XML dialect is heavily influenced by that of Spring so it should be easy for developers familiar with Spring to get started with it.
Spring ActionScript contains the following features:
* Inversion of Control container – XML driven, based on Spring
* Reflection API – providing a decent API around describeType()
* Cairngorm extensions – configurable Service Locator, extended Front Controller with command factories, Command chaining, …
* PureMVC extensions – bringing Dependency Injection to PureMVC
* several utilities, assertions, etc
We are also working on the following features, all of which are in an experimental phase:
* MVCS support – providing an architectural framework based on Model-View-Controller-Service
* Domain Driven Design utilities – base classes for entities, value objects, enums, repositories and services
* SqlLite database templates
* Aspect Oriented Programming
The project is currently incubated as we work towards a 1.0 release. The latest available (Prana) release is 0.6 and we plan to release a 0.6.1 version in the coming weeks that introduces the switch to Spring ActionScript.
For more info, please see the following links:
* SVN – https://src.springframework.org/svn/se-springactionscript-as
* FishEye – https://fisheye.springframework.org/browse/se-springactionscript-as
* JIRA: http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SESPRINGACTIONSCRIPTAS
* Forum: http://forum.springframework.org/forumdisplay.php?f=60
Thanks to SpringSource and everyone involved in making this happen!
Hope you enjoy this extension!
Add to Bloglines - Digg This! - del.icio.us - Stumble It! - Twit This! - Technorati links - Share on Facebook - Feedburner