I’m pleased to announce that the first release candidate for Spring ActionScript 1.0 is now available.
This release is considered feature complete and announces the final stage before moving to a final 1.0 release.
These changes will be discussed in a couple of follow-up blogposts, so please check back soon for that. In the meantime, please refer to the documentation provided for more information.
I would like to thank all of you who have given us valuable feedback and provided interesting ideas, sent in patches, reported bugs or helped us out in whatever way possible. Your support has been priceless in the development of this framework and it would not be as rich as it is now without you.
Special thanks go out to Martino for mastering the Maven build system and fixing a lot of the problems that stopped us from releasing earlier, and to Roland who has written 99,9% of the AWESOME documentation and took a natural lead in the development of 1.0RC1. You guys rock!
Enjoy this release and have fun coding!
Spring ActionScript 1.0RC1 Changelog
- fixed constructor-arg type attribute was not declared in spring-actionscript-objects-1.0.xsd.
- added unregisterStageProcessor() method to the IStageProcessorRegistry interface.
- added DefaultFlexAutowireProcessor that handles binding using the [Autowired(name="objectName",property="property.chain")] metadata.
- added PureMVC documentation section.
- added autowiring support for injecting external property values using [Autowired(externalProperty="propertyName")].
- added parent context support to IObjectFactory interface and AbstractObjectFactory implementation.
- added skip-postprocessor and skip-metadata support for ObjectDefinition.
- added name and value attribute support to the property XML element, for defining external properties directly in the configuration instead of an external properties file.
- added parent properties support to XMLObjectFactory.
- added IStageProcessorRegistry interface and FlexStageProcessorRegistry implementation to support stage wiring in a multi-module situation (Thanks to Arnoud for helping debug this).
- added extra functionality to the CairngormFrontController that enables to add commands that are being created by the application context (basically using the context as a commandFactory).
- renamed SASCairngormEvent to SASCairngormModuleEvent.
- ObjectUtils no longer has a dependency on the Flex framework.
- added core.* package containing the Operation API.
- added core.event.* package containing the EventBus classes.
- added EventHandlerMetaDataPostProcessor for automatic handling of EventBus events.
- added parallel or sequencential execution to CompositeCommand class.
- added core.task.* package.
- added support for property chain retrieval in the FieldRetrievingObjectFactory, for example: Application.application.systemManager.stage can now be retrieved.
- added support for compound property names in XML config.
- added support for factory-object in AbstractObjectFactory..
- added TaskNamespaceHandler for core.task.* package.
- added createInstance(clazz:Class, constructorArguments:Array = null) method to the IObjectFactory interface to enable a factory to create objects with only annotations and have no object definition.
- added operation and service for remoting via NetConnection.
- added support for vector type in XML configuration..
- Allow adding mx.flash.Event items to EventSequence and facilitate custom trigger calculation. (Thanks Jurgen).
- Added modulePolicy of type ModulePolicy to FlexStageProcessorRegistry that determines how modules will be handled.
- Minor documentation fixes. (Thanks Mark).
- added RouteEventsMetaDataPostProcessor to re-route events from arbitrary objects through the EventBus.
- Added IApplicationDomainAware and ApplicationDomainAwarePostProcessor to automatically inject the context’s application domain in objects that need a reference.
- Added MethodInvokingFactoryObject to be able to inject method results from other objects.
- Added util:invoke element as a configuration shortcut for the MethodInvokingFactoryObject.
- Added support for injecting the application context by using ref=”this” in the configuration.
- Added Maven mojo to generate a flex-config file from an application context (Thanks Ryan).
Add to Bloglines - Digg This! - del.icio.us - Stumble It! - Twit This! - Technorati links - Share on Facebook - Feedburner